Thursday, March 11, 2010

Politics at Home and Abroad

The last few days have been an absolute rush. Last Friday, the beginning of our spring break, I traveled down to Washington, D.C. to spend some personal time around this great city before the Inside Politics program that I am a part of began on Sunday. It was a great time to be down in the district, it was 60 and sunny nearly everyday, and the springtime was definitely refreshing after a long, cold winter. Spending time with friends, old and new, out in Georgetown on Friday and Saturday night was a great reward for 2 months of crazy schoolwork and commitments. I strongly reccomend Bodega, a great Spanish tapas restaurant on M street.

Our "Inside Politics" program consisted of a bunch of meetings with top policy advisors and political pundits. We had a great time meeting with Roger Williams, a candidate for the US Senate seat in Texas. A big practitioner of "retail politics", Williams reminded me very much of George W. Bush in his mannerisms and conversation style.

Currently, I am sitting in Harrisburg International Airport, waiting for our flight to Detroit. I am about to embark on an 11-day excursion to Taiwan for the World Model United Nations Conference. Having participated in Model UN for over 6 years, I am very excited to compete with the best in the world in Taipei. I have also never traveled to Asia before, so I expect that to be an awakening experience. I will be blogging as regularly as possible when overseas, and hopefully posting pictures as well.

- Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment